In this key management role, this position will interact with customers and company employees to achieve the highest level of customer and employee satisfaction and efficiencies. This role will be responsible for ensuring safe operations and compliance with applicable government laws, rules, and regulations. This role will also function as a master technician, working on vehicles as required to maintain customer commitments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair to specifications -- brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Advising customers of preventative maintenance or additional repairs that are needed
- Securing agreement from the customer on the repairs to be performed before any work is started
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Writing legible, clear, concise, and complete repair orders
- Follow up on status of repair order; advising customer of repair status or any delays
- Contacting customer for approval if additional repairs or maintenance is required
- Selling service and maintenance to customers in person, by telephone, email, and text message
- Maintaining work flow at it’s highest efficiency level to maximize customer service
- Utilizing quality control procedures designed to monitor the quality of work and taking corrective action where standards are not met
- Managing shop expenditures
- Maintaining special tools in ways that are convenient to employees requiring them
- Responding to customer inquiries on the status of repairs and ensuring that vehicles are returned promptly to customers
- Managing the scheduling of customer appointments to ensure adequate time to perform repairs while balancing customer commitments
- Maintaining facilities in an attractive and safe manner
- Greeting customers and vendors
- Discussing with customers the estimated cost of repairs / maintenance work as well as the estimated time when work will be completed
- Have own tool box with basic tools needed
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- 4 years of hands on automotive industry experience and thorough knowledge of shop repair processes
- Computer literacy
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Highly effective leadership skills, including above average communication skills
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A current, valid driver license with acceptable driving record is required
- Must be punctual and have history of solid attendance record
- Must be team oriented
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- ASE Certification
- ASE Certification (A1 – A8, L1 – Advanced Engine Performance, C1 – Auto Service Consultant, G1 – Auto Maintenance and Light Repair)
- Experience working at an Independent auto repair facility
Benefits (after required qualification period)
- 2 weeks vacation
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401K plan participation
- Shop hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00)
- Uniforms provided
- Paid ASE training and tests
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers